Thursday, July 19, 2018

Downtown casino plan gets quick OK from Las Vegas City Council

Casinos & Gaming – Las Vegas Review-Journal
Downtown casino plan gets quick OK from Las Vegas City Council

The 1,224,485-square-foot resort that will replace them will tower 459 feet over Fremont Street on the north side of the Fremont Street Experience, across the pedestrian mall from the Golden Gate casino.

Share:

Tabcorp Confirms Sun Bets Departure, Failed Gambling Business Ceases Trading in Coming Days

Casino News Daily
Tabcorp Confirms Sun Bets Departure, Failed Gambling Business Ceases Trading in Coming Days

Australian gambling giant Tabcorp today confirmed its exit from the Sun Bets joint venture with News UK as the UK-facing betting business has underperformed since its inception in 2016.

Tabcorp has agreed to pay £39.5 million to its partner in the joint operation in order to be able to exit it a year ahead of the end of their original three-year contract. Sun Bets is expected to cease trading in the coming days after less than two years of operation.

Tabcorp said today that it expects to record a full-year loss of around A$91 million as a result from its exit from the Sun Bets business, up from from a loss of A$52 million it reported for the first half of the financial year. It also pointed out that an additional of A$10 million in costs would be recorded into its 2019 accounts.

The Sun Bets gambling website went live in 2016 after News UK and Tabcorp signed a three-year agreement that allowed the latter to use The Sun newspaper branding for the new operation. The Australian operator spent around A$14.4 million to create the gambling brand, but it never managed to turn into a profitable one. The company has previously said that Sun Bets recorded operating loss of more than A$23 million during the six months to December 31, 2017.

Tabcorp said late last year that it was reviewing the operation. Reports emerged last month that the gambling giant was seeking a speedy exit from the business, the confirmation of which arrived today.

’Piegate’ Scandal

The brand’s continued poor performance has probably not been the only reason for Tabcorp’s departure from the joint venture. Earlier this year, the UK Gambling Commission slapped a £84,000 fine on the Australian operator for its UK-facing business’s participation in a publicity stunt that saw Sutton United reserve goalkeeper Wayne Shaw eat a pie mid-match in February 2017.

Sun Bets offered 8-1 odds against the footballer finishing the whole treat before the game was concluded. It became known that Shaw was well-aware of the odds. He ate the whole pie before the end of the match, which the Gambling Commission considered intentional influencing of the betting market.

Commenting on Tabcorp’s decision to depart the struggling business, CEO David Attenborough said in a statement from today that Sun Bets has performed below expectations and that they do not expect any improvement in its performance over the next year and a half. The executive went on that while they did not make it right this time, they have learnt important lessons and that Sun Bets’ failure would not affect their interest in expanding overseas.

Tabcorp is currently focusing on its integration with rival gambling business Tatts Group. The two companies agreed to merge their operations late last year to create a business worth over A$11 billion and thus become Australia’s largest gambling operator. The enlarged group is looking to complete its integration in the next 18 months to two years.

The post Tabcorp Confirms Sun Bets Departure, Failed Gambling Business Ceases Trading in Coming Days appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Share:

Konami Gaming Incorporated announces senior-level promotions

World Casino News
Konami Gaming Incorporated announces senior-level promotions

American slot and casino management systems innovator, Konami Gaming Incorporated, has announced several senior-level promotions it continues to cultivate and expand its global reach. The Las Vegas-headquartered firm used an official Tuesday press release to reveal that Shanna Grimes has been promoted to the post of Human Resources Vice-President while Gary Snobel is to now serve […]
Share:

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Slotastic Awards Extra Spins on Panda's Gold

Latest Casino Bonuses
Slotastic Awards Extra Spins on Panda's Gold
Slotastic Awards Extra Spins on Panda's Gold

Starting from Wednesday, July 18th, Slotastic kicks off an exclusive world premiere of Realtime Gaming's brand-new video slot – Panda's Gold! The game has been added to this famous online casino's wonderful portfolio of games. Along with the game's introduction comes a special promo offer that will run until the very end of the month, July 31st – players can claim 50 extra spins and a 150% introductory deposit bonus!

The offer is available to all July depositors. 50 extra spins on Panda's Gold can be claimed with the coupon code: BAMBOO50 and the maximum cashout for this is $200. A 150% deposit bonus, up to $777 has a minimum deposit requirement of $25 and can be collected with the coupon code, GOLDPANDA. These bonuses come with a 30x wagering requirement.

This game has 88 paylines and as much as three separate extra spins features with 8x multipliers. The game is set in the wilderness of China as we meet friendly pandas, birds and other animals. Some of the game's exclusive features include Scatter symbols which can trigger three different extra spins rounds. Three of them will initiate prosperity extra spins with triple payouts with Wild symbols. Four scatter symbols trigger a Wealth round that has 8x payouts, whereas five scatter symbols initiate the Fortune extra spins with a 5x multiplier and winning combinations that include a Wild pay 8x.

Panda's Gold can be enjoyed in all iterations of Slotastic– desktop, smartphone and tablet versions of it, as well as on their free Android App which is the most convenient way of accessing this casino.

Share:

Melco’s Cyprus Casino Welcomes 34,000 Unique Visitors During First Three Weeks

Casino News Daily
Melco’s Cyprus Casino Welcomes 34,000 Unique Visitors During First Three Weeks

Cyprus Casinos (C2), the first legal casino facility in the Republic of Cyprus, welcomed 34,000 individual guests during its first three weeks of operation, owner Melco International Development said in a statement from earlier today.

The venue opened doors June 28 in the city of Limassol. It will operate temporarily while Melco’s main integrated resort City of Dreams Mediterranean is under development. The €550-million property is expected to open doors in Limassol in 2021.

Cyprus Casinos or C2 currently features 242 slot machines and 33 gaming tables, a Salon Prive VIP gaming area, a restaurant, and two bars. The venue is operational 24/7 and admits patrons aged 21 or over.

Melco further revealed today that 6,000 customers have registered with the casino’s C2 Rewards Club loyalty program since it launched.

Commenting on the gambling venue’s performance during its first weeks of operation, Cyprus Casinos and City of Dreams Mediterranean President Craig Ballantyne said that visitor numbers have exceeded their expectations so far. The official further pointed out that customers from 41 different countries have come to play at the property. The majority of them were Cypriots, followed by patrons from Greece, Israel, Romania, Russia and the United Kingdom. Slots and American Roulette were the games that enjoyed the greatest popularity among casino visitors, Mr. Ballantyne added.

Heavy Competition

While Melco seems to be content with how its first property outside Asia has performed during its first days of operation, Mr. Ballantyne has previously said that the casino is forced to battle competition from Northern Cyprus where there is a well-developed casino industry represented by a number of established casino properties.

Talking to local news outlet Cyprus Mail, Mr. Ballantyne has also said that the multitude of illegal casino operations spread across the tiny Mediterranean nation could prove to be difficult to compete with. The official, known to be a casino industry veteran, has explained that the play field is somewhat uneven, particularly given the fact that Cyprus has very strict advertising limitations which prevent Melco from promoting its casino more actively.

Despite the above issues, Mr. Ballantyne said today that the accelerating attendance rate at the property is the result from a positive word of mouth and self-discovery.

The company has pointed out multiple times that it would look to combat seasonality and turn both its temporary casino and its main resort into an all-season destination. Seasonality has long been one of the main issues before Cyprus’ tourism industry.

Foreign visits to the island nation have been on the rise over the past several years, but summer months have traditionally remained the most popular time for visiting. The Cypriot government announced earlier this month that it would establish a special Junior Ministry of Tourism that would be assigned the task to reverse that long-standing trend.

The post Melco’s Cyprus Casino Welcomes 34,000 Unique Visitors During First Three Weeks appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Share:

Justin Bonomo Takes Down 2018 WSOP Big One for ONE DROP for $10 Million

Casino News Daily
Justin Bonomo Takes Down 2018 WSOP Big One for ONE DROP for $10 Million

Justin Bonomo became the brand new Big One for ONE DROP champion mere hours ago after outlasting a field of 27 of the world’s best high roller players. The poker pro thus scooped the $10 million first-place prize which secured him with the top spot in one of the most prestigious rankings in live tournament poker.

Bonomo, who now boasts a poker bankroll of just under $43 million, has dethroned Daniel Negreanu to become the world’s most profitable player. The behemoth Big One for ONE DROP payout came as continuation of Bonomo’s successful streak of poker victories since the beginning of the year.

Over the past seven and a half months, the player managed to win almost every single major high roller tournament on the 2018 calendar, including the Aria Super High Roller Bowl and the Super High Roller Bowl China, and a number of other events, including a WSOP one – the $10,000 Heads-Up Championship – that he topped a few weeks ago.

This year’s Big One for ONE DROP drew 27 entries, as already mentioned. The event was played over three days and the final one took place yesterday at the host casino, starting off with 6 contenders for the title.

Bonomo led the final six players with a massive chip lead. He was followed by German poker superstar Fedor Holz. The two players eventually faced each other heads-up, but they had a lot of work to do before reaching that final stage of the tournament.

The money bubble was looming at the start of Day 3 as the prize pool of $24.84 million was only split into five payouts. Investor David Einhorn became the unfortunate bubble boy not long after cards were thrown in the air yesterday. He was eliminated by Bonomo. The latter said in his post-victory interview that he felt a bit guilty that he busted Einhorn as he had promised to donate his whole payout from the tournament to the One Drop Foundation which supplies clean water to the world’s most vulnerable communities. Bonomo himself said that part of his prize would go for charity.

Three-Handed Play and Heads-Up

Bonomo had his ups and downs throughout the day, despite his initial massive advantage. Following the elimination of Byron Kaverman in 5th place ($2 million) and Rick Salomon in 4th place ($2.84 million), three-handed play with Bonomo, Holz, and their fellow high roller Dan Smith still in the run for the title kicked off.

Holz held a massive chip lead over his remaining opponents and even assumed control over two-thirds of all chips in lay at some point. Bonomo, on the other hand, dropped to the short stack with around 20 big blinds left.

However, the eventual champion managed to recover and gain momentum. He eliminated Smith in 3rd place ($4 million) to set the heads-up match between him and Holz. Two-handed play began with the German poker pro holding 84.3 million in chips to Bonomo’s 50.7 million.

Holz extended the gap early into the duel, but Bonomo managed to recover. The player began building his stack to eventually surpass Holz. A key hand helped Bonomo emerge as the chip leader and to bust his final opponent not long after. That key hand saw the eventual champ pick off Holz’s bluff and collect a massive pot. Bonomo’s stack was worth 110.4 million after that hand, while Holz was down to just 24.6 million. The young German never recovered from that point on.

Hand #156 of the final table was the last one dealt within the tournament. It saw Bonomo limp in on the button and Holz shove for 23.6 million. Bonomo snap-called with [As][Jd] to Holz’s [Ac][4s]. The board ran out [Kd][8s][3s][2c][Qd] to send Holz to the rail. The German poker star earned $6 million for his incredible run in the tournament.

The post Justin Bonomo Takes Down 2018 WSOP Big One for ONE DROP for $10 Million appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Share:

Frank&Fred Casino Now Live

Latest Casino Bonuses
Frank&Fred Casino Now Live
Frank&Fred Casino Now Live

Back in May, we brought you a story hinting that Frank&Fred Casino was coming soon. And now for proper good news – the casino, operated by PayCherry Ltd., is now live (and well)!

The good people who have worked tirelessly for months to get the casino going are alerting everyone that they may encounter a bug or two in these first stages of the casino's operations, but rest assured that all the possible issues will be solved in no time (in case you run into any, e-mailing support@frankfred.com will help expedite solutions). With that said, transactional security is already at top-notch level.

The casino is, as we said, live – and hoorah to that! As a part of their exclusive offer for early birds, besides the hefty welcome package (a spin on the NetEnt Wheel, there you can win up to 100 extra spins) you can also get 100 extra spins split across four slot games and over four days, beginning from 1 PM each day! On Friday, you can get 25 extra spins on Lost Relics. Saturdays are for 25 extra spins on Hotline. On Sundays, 25 extra spins arrive on Lights and Dead or Alive, while on Mondays you can scare away the blues by getting 25 extra spins on Gonzo's Quest. All the winnings from these extra spins come with a 35x wagering requirement.

In addition to all that, you will get 100% up to €100 on your first deposit plus 100 extra spins on Starburst slot over 10 days! The bonuses don't end there, as you will get them on 2nd and 3rd deposits also.

Bonuses are not, of course, all there is to look forward to at Frank&Fred– the outstanding VIP club will reward your loyalty generously with six levels of different benefits, ranging from extra spins, secret gifts to high-quality merchandise, prioritized withdrawals, tickets to events, concerts etc. and culminating with a GOLDEN Trans Am for the first member to reach the highest, Black VIP level!

Another clear-cut advantage that this casino has over its competition is the inclusion of lottery games, including some of the world's biggest, such as Powerball and MegaMillions, besides the assortment of awesome live dealer and table games.

We'll soon have our very own review for this casino published on our site – in the meantime, rejoice, for we have a brand-new place to spend our days at!

Share: